Do you compare your relationship status?

This week we celebrate the big V-Day! As sweet as February 14 can be, often it’s not all roses and chocolates. For many folks, Valentine’s Day brings up a ton of funky feelings—whether you’re in a relationship or not. One of the worst ways the ego takes us down in romance is by comparing our relationship status to other people’s. In today’s vlog I address this issue and share heart-opening tips for raising your magnetic field, so you can attract more love into your life whether you’re single or attached.

Another resource for this week is MediDATING, my meditation album for fearless romance. This 11-track album guides you to let go of romantic illusions, overcome fears and insecurities, activate your attracting power, and manifest that perfect partner into your life. You can check out the album and get your free download of my MediDATING lecture here.

1. Yvonne says: February 10, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I have been blessed with a beautiful marriage (12 years married this year) and I found him so young :)
    Thanks for putting this together for the folks who look at us with jealousy as I wish this kind of love on everyone I meet <3

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 11:56 am

you guys are a great power of example for others. xo

2. DeAnna says: February 11, 2013 at 11:52 am

I love your tip of detaching from old limiting beliefs when it comes to romance. Its so important to remember even when you are in a committed romantic relationship, these fears can creep up. Thanks for the reminder! ?

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 11:55 am

you’re welcome:) xo

3. Lizzy says: February 11, 2013 at 11:58 am

I love you Gabby! Happy Valentines Day.

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 12:18 pm

you too! xoxo

4. Julie Geigle says: February 11, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I agree it is our relationship to spirit that sets the groundwork for all of our relationships especially our “romantic” ones. Love the idea of shifting the focus to spirit whether you’re looking for love or simply looking to improve the love you are in.

My husband and I have been together for 32 yrs and he’s been in a deep, dark depression for the past 6. Thanks for the confirmation that the best way I can help him is to stay grounded in my love with God. Thank you.

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 12:18 pm

bless you.

5. Megan says: February 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Hi, I went to watch the free lecture and once you put in your name and e-mail address and ‘submit’ it takes you to a page that asks for a password because it’s a private video. So what’s the password? Thx

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm

you got it now right?

6. Megan says: February 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Oh, nevermind. I see it there in small print when I try it again…. oops

7. Meg says: February 11, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I’m in the dating scene and I just love the shift that is happening as I find such pleasure and joy in my own daily expansion while eagerly anticipating the extraordinary relationship that I’m attracting into my life.

In the dance,
    Meg

8. Lindsay Rose Turner says: February 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Thanks for touching on this!
    I believe so strongly that we attract people of the same energetic vibration as ourselves, and the more inner love work we do, the higher our vibration.

It’s interesting to see how when I give more “Love Me” time to myself, my spouse will have a natural tendency to give more of himself to me as well. Both our vibrations seems to rise and we fall back in sync with each other.

You are an ahhh-mazing inspiration Gabby. Thank you for sharing your insights with the world. xo
    Much love

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 12:50 pm

much love to you too lindsey! happy vday

9. Blythe says: February 11, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Loved today’s Vlog. I will be spending this V-day with my favorite Valentine, myself. I couldn’t be happier about it. I know my love is out there and when the time is right, we will find each other. But until that time, I am working on loving myself and manifesting the best me I can be so that when the time is right, I will be ready for the right guy.
    Thanks Gabby, for all the great messages.

10. Sandy says: February 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Great v~log Gabby!! Thank You for the FREE gift. Happy LOVE month everyone. XO

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 10:24 pm

happy love month to you too!

11. Rachel says: February 11, 2013 at 3:36 pm

how perfect…thanks Gabby <3

12. lauren says: February 11, 2013 at 6:03 pm

gabby this year is my 1 yr anniversary since i found spirit junkie!!!!!! aka one year of working on myself :):):) pretty proud of myself i must say. ive come a long way!!! thanks sister :) thankful for you..cant believe its been a year since ive been working on me . i feel like im writing a love letter to myself right now. maybe thats a good idea lol

sat nam !!

13. Jaclyn says: February 11, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Hi Gab,

Love this segment. You are a great inspiration! Today is day 1 for me. Where do I buy the meditation album and is there something that I can preview before to see what it is like.

Best,
    Jaclyn

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 10:24 pm

awesome! enjoy the journey

14. Rachel @ Healthy Chicks says: February 11, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Thanks for the tips, Gabby! Super fitting as I just started the relationship week in “May Cause Miracles.” Your words have been helping me so much, in facing my fears and igniting what I already have within.

I’m especially looking forward to digging deeper into my relationship, as I’m in a wonderful loving relationship with my boyfriend of 2+ years. Sometimes I take things from past toxic relationships like thinking I’m not good enough or that I’m doing something “wrong” (which I know aren’t true and are based on fear) & I KNOW these meditations/affirmations are going to help me!

You are an amazing person for sharing such a wealth of information :)

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 10:23 pm

thank you rachel. enjoy the relationship work in mcm

15. Jen says: February 11, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Hey Gabby!

I randomly picked up your ” add more ~ing” book a few years ago and have since become hooked on all of the energy your thoughts and experiences bring about. I`m currently reading ” May cause miracles,” and I just want to pass along how much I am enjoying it. You have such a talent!

1. Gabby says: February 11, 2013 at 10:23 pm

thank you jen!!! xoxox love to you

16. Brynn says: February 12, 2013 at 10:00 am

I experience this a lot internally as well as from my sister. We’re so close in age and personality yet our relationship styles are so different. I have to tell myself I’m happy that both of us have found such a unique love fit for each of us.

17. tara says: February 13, 2013 at 10:37 am

thanks for this…you sum it up so well.
    with love and gratitude-
    tara

18. Caroline Frenette Master Intuitive Coach says: February 14, 2013 at 10:22 am

MediDating: love it! Sending this to my single friends!

19. Heidi says: February 14, 2013 at 10:51 am

Thank you for the reminder Gabby!! I met you in L.A. on your may cause miracles tour . You took my question about forgiving. My relationship is long distance, he is climbing the corporate ladder just as I. So our relationship works for now, as we are getting what we’ve been asking the universe for professionally.it’s a good reminder to not compare others relationship to ours. We will transition closer when its is right

20. Heidi says: February 14, 2013 at 10:54 am

Besides the Universe knows… if we are together we would be making babies, and we should be focused. I loved the reminder to not compare us to other couples.

21. sanchez says: February 19, 2013 at 7:46 am

My wife left me on Valentine’s day. Heart Breaking :(

22. Lurve says: March 23, 2013 at 6:55 am

Hi Gabby, I’ve just started watching your videos last night & I’m so grateful to God that I have! I wonder why I haven’t watched them earlier, because pretty sure I had been coming across your links in my spiritual wanderings online for the past year. Now I can’t wait to listen to your other longer vids and learn more :).

I’m posting under this particular vid because I wonder if there’s a talk from you somewhere about having friends who insist on comparing, especially married friends who treat single friends like they are sorry for them and they are not equal anymore. I have a couple of friends that I’ve known for more than 20yrs. We had lots of fun when we were younger, but since they’ve been married over a decade ago, the regard had never been quite the same. And of course I can understand that about them being moms and all. I am even the godmother of their eldest kids who I am fond of.

But then comparison about me not having what they are having, especially from one of them, always creeps in from time to time. Years ago I observed and theorized that women who do that are the ones who have so much wanting from their marriages. Added to that the incessant compulsion of some to compete in every way, which I’m totally not a big subscriber of. I have actually tried asking them what they think about people who do it without sounding off like they are being attacked. But their standpoint is the only standpoint they know and want for the rest of their lives, it seems. I usually say what I really mean. But I chose to give it up to preserve our friendships.

It makes me sad that it always comes across like we can no longer be grown up girls just hanging out anymore. That obviously created distance as we found different groups to be with as the years went. Moreso that I’ve learned to believe that I should only be with people who make me feel good about being myself, since life is just too short to insist otherwise. But still, I wonder if there’s a better way to deal with this than just ignore on most times that these married women are among my long time friends.

Thanks so much, for your insights, Gabby. I’ve just seen your awe-inspiring part in the awesomeness fest. And I’ll be watching your SuperSoulSunday guesting tonight. I really excited about what I will hear. You are truly a gift.

All for the glory of God.

1. Gabby says: March 24, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I have a vlog called compare no more. check that one out for sure. xoxo

1. Lurve says: April 2, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Thank you for taking time to read my post. <3

23. unleashedblog.net says: May 13, 2013 at 1:07 am

Good day! I just wish to give you a big thumbs up for
    the great info you have here on this post.
    I am returning to your website for more soon.

24. Click here to find out more says: March 15, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i
    subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable
    deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this yojr broadcast provided bright clear concept

25. Christian Hudson says: April 16, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Just recently, the bald with a stranger voice has another love interest and still a Latina lady.
    and come up with effective solutions to help get rid of them.
    You will find the Playette almost everywhere as this type is the most common and most difficult to crack.