How to Speed Up By Slowing Down

The concept of slowing down often seems alluring—but it can also be really trippy for people. Why? Simple: These days, everything is fast. Technology has our heads spinning. Don’t get me wrong: living a fast-paced life isn’t a bad thing. But running on high speed all the time can make you feel overwhelmed. You not only end up getting less done, you feel tense and anxious.

Paradoxically, the secret to speeding up and getting more done is simply to slow down. I’m not saying you should renounce the world and meditate all day—but I am suggesting that you clear space to access your inner power. When you do that, time will seem to expand, and you’ll accomplish more. In this video I share tools that will greatly help you redirect your energy and learn to heighten an inner sense of power to let your outer life grow, expand and flow. Watch now.

1. katie says: December 8, 2013 at 9:08 am

I was going to ask how these vlogs are better every week and you always have a new unique topic and perspective that’s exactly what I need…but I answered my own question… you do more & SPEED UP BY SLOWING DOWN! My favorite tip is laying down and feeling the energy pour over me I’m going to do it now when my spirit junkie alarm clock goes off each afternoon. I’m so grateful I get to work from home for my full-time job.
    Love you, have an amazing week Gabby & spirit junkies! xxoo

1. gabby says: December 8, 2013 at 5:11 pm

xoxoxo

2. Charlotte says: December 8, 2013 at 11:49 am

My first thought this morning as soon as I awoke was that I needed to listen to Gabrielle. I got up and this inspiring video was in my email. Thank you Gabrielle!!!

1. Gabby says: December 12, 2013 at 8:00 am

you are welcome sister

3. Megan says: December 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I love this! Thank you for this great video. I am reading May Cause Miracles now, and watching these videos help solidify what I’m learning. I have a question that is a bit off this topic, but is something really important in our lives: how can I heal a damaged relationship. Specifically with a co-parent–it’s one of the most complicated relationships I can imagine and I believe it reflects a lot about what is going on Karmically…How can accept/heal/respect without giving away my power?

1. Gabby says: December 12, 2013 at 8:01 am

keep asking yourself what it is that YOU need to learn from this relationship. the healing will come as you grow and learn.

1. Megan says: December 12, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Patience and flexibility! Thanks Gabby, love & light.

4. Stephanie Kirylych says: December 8, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thank you for another great vlog, Gabby! I love the idea of taking an energy break during the day. There is a beautiful lake on the college campus where I work and I’m going to start taking energy breaks around the lake with my iPod! xoxo

1. Gabby says: December 12, 2013 at 8:01 am

bring your positive perception playlist!

5. Nadia says: December 9, 2013 at 2:02 am

Exactly what I needed to hear right now, thanks Gabby. Random question – I love the artwork behind you in your videos (the dots of color) – does the artist of that piece sell other work? I love the simple, clean, fresh design! Cheers-

1. Gabby says: December 9, 2013 at 10:27 am

my husband makes all the art work in my home. when he has a show i’ll let you know:)

1. Gabby says: December 9, 2013 at 10:28 am

you can follow him on instagram @zachrocklin and his art is amazing

2. Nadia says: December 9, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Please do. Every time I watch your vlogs, I have to watch them twice because I get distracted by how pretty that painting is lolll! =)

6. skye says: December 9, 2013 at 6:54 am

Great tips. Have you considered doing a workshop on addiction to work, and that related feeling of being responsible for the universe spinning on its access? That one is especially hard because it is so often rewarded externally. I would be so grateful.

This also reminded me that building up those reserves takes time, especially if you’ve been running off of them for years. Lately I’ve been craving a lot of quiet downtime, which I thought too much, too selfish. This vlog helped! Thank you!

1. Gabby says: December 9, 2013 at 10:26 am

yes i will do that! xo

7. ML says: December 9, 2013 at 10:30 am

I like the energy break idea….yet….how can I incorporate that when I have 4 kids and responsibilities more often than not? Example: taxi driving to an activity, meal prep for family, someone with the stomach bug in my house vomitting during the night so we get less sleep….yadda yadda.

8. Rachael j says: December 9, 2013 at 10:55 am

Yummy yummy for hurried lil tummy life!

9. Caroline Frenette Intuitive Leadership Coach says: December 9, 2013 at 11:22 am

I LOVE the idea of slowing down to be more focused and hence getting more done… with ease please!

I had a similar conversation with my coach at the beginning of the summer when I felt myself slip into overwhelm & busyness.

I had such a powerful insight about slowing down to get more done that I wrote a blog about it: http://carolinefrenette.com/busyness-madness-freeing-yourself-is-easier-than-you-think/

I can feel myself breathing deeper just thinking of slowing down :)

10. Cathy says: December 9, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I need to start doing this. I find myself always rushing. It’s hard for me to sit still because my anxiety but I’ve been making more of an effort to be still. I notice I use sugar and caffeine when I’m feeling tired. I’ll try your tips. Thanks !

11. Sandy says: December 9, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Yes as others said always a pleasure to receive your news and videos on Monday mornings =) Thank you so much for the wise tips!

12. Jovanka says: December 9, 2013 at 3:26 pm

While we may never be able to go back to that time in history where people truly took time and slowed down to enjoy regular walks after a meal or sitting in contemplation, we have lots of ancient wisdom that can help us hurry up and relax! :). Great tips, thanks!

13. LINDSAY says: December 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Hi Gabby – I was wondering if you have a preferred form of meditation that you think works better than other kinds? I have been meditating for a few years, and have tried a variety of meditations. I get a lot out of each different one, but for some reason I find myself not fully satisfied with my practice. I don’t think I have found one that I absolutely love yet. Thanks for your help!

14. Michelle Arsenault says: December 9, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Wonderful! I am definitely an over achiever who tends to be too hard on myself, especially if I don’t check off everything on my ‘to do’ list in a day. The worst part is that I’m constantly adding MORE things on the list, as the day goes on! But I love the idea of just taking a break and centering myself, re-energizing and moving forward. Sometimes even listening to a song on my iPod helps to get me back into things. Thanks again for the fantastic advice. I look forward to the videos each week:-)

15. Jennifer says: December 9, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Yay! Exactly what I was required to hear. Love this one! I’ve been burnt out, had no immune system, adrenal gland exhaustion, etc. Now I’m taking matters into my own hands and creating a life I love so that I don’t have to rely on a full-time job. Living my passion while the Universe has my back = miracles! Sometimes I get into that go go go mode so that I can squeeze everything I want to accomplish into one day while still working full-time, so I’ll definitely remember these tips! <3

1. Drishti says: September 14, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I’ve always awsenred the children’s questions simply and honestly as they’ve come up. They get as much information as seems necessary at the time. They’ve taken every little snippet in their stride, easily moving on to other big questions like, ‘what’s for dinner?’, whenever they’ve been told. It does make for some funny chats too, like a a few months ago.It means (I hope) there won’t be a big conversation about everything all at once, when they’re deemed old enough!

16. Heidi says: December 10, 2013 at 6:37 am

Thanks Gabby! I feel a lot of pressure to be a high performer at work and work long hours and rarely take breaks. I need to prioritize slowing down. These are great tips! There are certainly healthier options than sneaking a few rounds of Candy Crush when I find myself getting overwhelmed :) I can be a real wimp when it comes to the winter, but I’m going to try to get in a few walks around the office park during the week.

1. Pauline says: December 12, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I feel the same exact way, my downtime is reading gossip columns online and shopping – while I am trying to stuff a salad in my mouth while sitting at my desk. I find it very helpful to put on my headphones while I am working and listen to Gabby or other spiritual/inspirational stories time from time that help me unwind

17. Kelsey says: December 11, 2013 at 11:23 am

Very nice! So true. It’s incredible what healing and rejuvenating powers we have available to us but often we refuse to take those 5 minutes needed. I also personally find that I will take time to heal, but not necessarily the actions or follow through. One vice is television. It feels relaxing, but it doesn’t heal or truly serve my needs. Just extra filler! Great advice, Gabby. xoxo

18. Amanda s. says: December 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Great message! We all need this, especially this time of year.

19. webpage says: December 14, 2013 at 6:44 am

‘FIFA 14′, along with ‘NHL 14′ and other new EA Sports games will be
    coming to the new Xbox One according to statements made at the Xbox One reveal on May
    21. THE BIG NAMES Adidas JUST TUNIT The German shoemaker’s TUNIT system is getting the same hoopla that came with the advent of the
    Reebok PUMP OR Nike Air, though the TUNIT is for soccer
    players. He never strays to far from the inside and his laser point vision creates
    opportunities with the forwards.

20. Katie says: December 15, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I love this! I just quit working at Starbucks. I only lasted 4 days. The intensity of the people there and the overwhelming rush rush rush I found.. made me angry. I was really surprised by that. On the fourth day I got a cold, my body shut down and my anger at everything exploded. I need a job really bad but I don’t want to feel that way everyday. I felt a huge amount of relief when I quit. I get it.

21. FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Coin Hack says: December 17, 2013 at 2:32 am

There is a feeling that soccer or football gives you that no other game can.
    “If The Black Swan is the pre-eminent English pub in Lagoa, then Querubim is the pre-eminent late night food dive with booze. These will influence the decision on player personnel.

22. Jasmine says: December 17, 2013 at 8:55 am

I know it’s a lot of work but it would be absolutely amazing if you were able to provide transcripts for your vlog entries to make them accessible to a wider audience.
    I see the titles of these entries and am so excited to find out more but I can’t hear the audio.
    Thanks for listening!

23. facebook online hack says: December 17, 2013 at 10:52 pm

The company claims it has taken steps to rectify the privacy issues
    at the site, but problems persist despite this.
    I’ve had even more shots than I can just remember go horrible for me.
    If you’re looking to the way of getting a ton of Gems, Elixir & Gold with no spending
    your dollars, then this Clash of Clans Hack website is designed for you.

24. joyce says: December 30, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Gabby!

When is the New book coming out? Cannot wait!!!!

Love love love joyce

1. Lukas says: September 15, 2014 at 1:20 am

re: “Like most emotion, this is ssfileh”Maybe, but in that light, being human is a bit ssfileh too, I think. I used to feel guilty about ssfilehness before I realized it was a bit silly.Here’s to Gabby’s continued good health! Also, husband *Mark*, not Mike. Sincerely,Your name guy

25. free run multiplayer games says: February 3, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Now i’m extremely pleased with all your ability as a copywriter seeing that beautifully like the structure for your web site. Is this fact a compensated issue or perhaps do you transform that all by yourself? In any event keep up the wonderful high quality crafting, it truly is rare to seem an excellent site such as this one currently.

26. Remarkable points right here. I am incredibly fulfilled to see your document. Appreciate it that i’m looking forward to make contact with you. Do you want to you should decline me a email?

27. cabinete stomatologie bucuresti sector 4 says: July 7, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Wow, amazing weblog structure! How lengthy hae you been blogging
    for? you made blogging look easy. The total look of your ssite is wonderful,
    llet alone the content!

28. playcandycrush.co| candy crush website says: July 26, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Do you have a spaam problem onn this website; I alpso am a blogger,and
    I was curious about your situation; we have created
    some nicee procedures and we are looking to exchange techniques with other folks,
    why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

29. Joycheats.com says: October 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a
    blog that’s both equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt,
    you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i’m very happy I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this.

30. Executive Coaching says: October 7, 2014 at 7:55 pm

What yoou published made a ton of sense. But, think about this, what if you adced
    a little content? I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how
    to run you blog, however wwhat if you added a post title that makes people want more?
    I mean Howw to Speed Up By Slowing Down is a little boring.

You should look at Yahoo’s home page and note how they create article titles to grab viewesrs to click.
    You might add a video or a related pic or ttwo to grab
    readers interested about what you’ve got to say. In my opinion, it would bring your website a little bit
    more interesting.